Comment on page
Fetching Test Tokens
To begin transacting on Mantle Testnet, you must acquire Goerli $ETH and testnet $MNT and bridge it across.
You can obtain Goerli $ETH from the following faucets:
Make sure to import the $MNT token to your Goerli wallet to see the current balance. The contract address is
Alternatively, you can also acquire test $MNT on Goerli from our Discord server. Once you've joined the server, navigate to the #faucet channel and send the following message to receive your test $MNT.
$faucet [your erc20 address]
You can make a claim to any ERC-20 address every 4 hours
Make sure your wallet has enough $gETH to perform the mint action before moving forward.
- 1.First, you'll need to look up the test $MNT contract on Etherscan and navigate to thesection under thetab. You can follow this link to get there directly:
- 2.Next, switch your wallet network to Goerli, and import (if you haven't already) the $MNT token using this contract address:
- 3.Now connect your wallet to Etherscan using thebutton.
- 4.Find and click on the
mint()function in the list on the Etherscan page. It's on no.9.
- 5.Click on thebutton next to the function name to input a value. The mint amount needs to be entered in wei units, so 1 $MNT token is represented as 10^18. Select 10^18 from the drop-down list, and click on thebutton. That'll automatically enter 10^18 (1 followed by 18 zeroes) in the amount field.
- 6.Now you can add a few zeroes at the back for a higher amount. For example, add three zeroes at the back to mint 1000 $MNT, and so on.
- 7.Finally, click on thebutton to send a transaction. Confirm the action in your wallet, and after a few seconds your $MNT will show up there.